Final Project Reflection

Overall I had a great deal of fun with this final project! The topic of pop culture amongst the internet is pretty vague, although it wasn't very hard to narrow down exactly what I wanted to talk about. First off, despite the fact that I consider myself to be rather knowledgeable about today's pop culture, there was still some level of research I had to complete. Most of this researching consisted of looking up specific dates like when apps and websites were first created. A lot of the other information found in the blog and podcast came from my own knowledge and knowhow about memes, vines and other internet trends. 

Figuring out how I wanted to pair the podcast and blog post together was a bit tricky at first, but I managed to figure out after giving myself a little while to really think about it. I decided to create a basic transcript for the podcast first and then highlight key words and phrases that I talked about in the podcast. After this, I searched for images/links that would correspond to what I would say in the podcast (like how I mentioned the Rick Astley meme in the podcast and included a link to the music video in the blog post). By doing this, I feel that I was able to make effective use of both the blog and podcast as supplemental to each other. In fact, if anyone were to find my podcast without seeing my blogger post, I included a link back to my blog in the descriptions of the podcast; that way it all comes full circle. 

I feel that I was very well suited to complete this particular project as following pop culture trends makes up a moderately large chunk of my time on a daily basis. With that being said, I feel that I was able to tackle the subject matter in the best way possible. I believe that my podcast (and accompanying blog post) provides a very good description about the format of online pop culture from years ago all the way up until today, and also does a good job at discussing the effects it has had on the youth of today. 

Relating to that, I feel that I did not encounter that many challenges when completing this project. It was not very difficult to find suitable and relevant candidates to interview, all the information I included was straight forward and not very complicated, and all the links/images that were included in the post were relatively easy to find. In addition, using the anchor website was also very user friendly, so recording and uploading the podcast was a very smooth process. I would say however, that the only aspect about the project I perceived as a challenge was what information I wanted to include. No blog post or podcast should get to a point where the audience gets bored and we learned that it is best to keep them as concise as possible. So, It was a bit tasking to figure out exactly what I wanted to say and what I wanted to leave out in the project. Today's pop culture has come such a long way from what it used to be and there were dozens of more memes that I could have included just as examples of that. However if I did that, the blog post would be bogged down with many more pictures and links which would take away from the overall message it brings. In response to this challenge though, I believe that I included a substantial level of facts about internet pop culture so the reader/listener is able to get a basic understanding of the online culture of a millennial and post millennial. I suppose something I could've done differently in the project was that I could have interviewed a person who was not a part of the millennial demographic, as this would have provided the opinion of someone who was most likely not as involved in the pop culture of millennials; although I feel that the interviews I conducted served a good purpose.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Project: The Exploration of Pop Culture Among the Internet

Chapter Nine Activity #3

Chapter Eight Activity #1