Population Estimate Infogram (VA)






Click Embed Code Above*

Comments

  1. The process for creating my Infogram was a bit complicated at first, but after playing around with the different tools and settings at my disposal, I was able to complete it in no time flat. I had never used the infogram website before so starting off the assignment seemed a bit daunting, however, I followed the instructions listed in the blog and after about 15 minutes I was on track to creating my own infographic. Per the instructions for the assignment, I went on Cencus.gov to find the population estimates for three years in Virginia and created a google sheet (excel) containing all the data. Because of the nature of downloading information from Census.gov, it actually copied every single county located in Virginia and put them into the sheet. After some time I figured out how to upload the sheet onto infogram.com however it looked very cluttered. So rather than including every county in VA, I chose to only choose 15; all of which I had at least heard of before.

    At this point, all the data was sitting on Infogram.com waiting to be arranged. I first made the labels a bit more clear, since when they had been transferred from the Census, the names were not very recognizable. After this, I started going through the different themes and chart types to decide which one could show off my data in the best way. Most all of them were cool, but I eventually settled on using the bar graph chart. I then added additional labels to it on the X-axis and Y-axis, and I readjusted the maximum and minimum values on the X-axis to space the graph out a bit more. I also checked the option in the graph settings that allow for the actual population numbers to be shown for each county; this would make it much easier to read the graph. After that, my graph was all set to be uploaded to my blog, so I copied and pasted the code into it and was all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jordan, the infographic looks good when I link to it. However, I'm wondering if you might have copied in the URL instead of using the embed code instructions I shared. If you have time, it might be worth it to double check.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Final Project: The Exploration of Pop Culture Among the Internet

Chapter Nine Activity #3

Chapter Eight Activity #1